Navigating Available Institutional Data Resources
This workshop will cover some of the key initiatives through which the UMMS is managing institutional data and information as an asset. In particular, we’ll briefly cover the UMMS framework for information asset management (Data Governance), artifacts that provide details on our data environment (Enterprise metadata management) and data assets that specifically support the research community (the Research Data Warehouse).
In this workshop, participants will learn:
- A brief overview of the UMMS Data Governance infrastructure and resources available to support data needs
- The Research Data Warehouse
- What data sources has the research community prioritized to be included in the RDW?
- Which data sources can be accessed via self-serve tools?
- Looking ahead
- Utilization of metadata artifacts such as the Data Set Catalog and Information Management Glossary
- How to access and use the Data Set Catalog
- Availability of data sets and tables, for example:
- CMS Denominator Research Identifiable File, which contains longitudinal, demographic and enrollment information about each Medicare beneficiary
- American Hospital Association Annual Survey
- Population Analytics and Informatics (formerly QMP) tables
- Publications data set, a curated data set that matches faculty with their publications
- Laboratory subject area of the Health System Data Warehouse, which contains data about Michigan Medicine inpatient and outpatient labs
- eResearch Proposal Management, containing administrative data on proposals and awards processed by the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects
- C-PROBE, Clinical Phenotyping Resource and Biobank Core to Understand Kidney Diseases
- University of Michigan Hospital Tumor Registry
- Brief overview of the Information Management Glossary (location and value)
- Kyle Kerbawy, Enterprise Data Architect, Health Information Technology & Services (HITS)
- Erin Kaleba, Administrative Manager Sr Healthcare
- Wendy Bezotte, UMMS Data Governance Program Manager