The Medical School uses a specific format for the faculty CV. Faculty joining the school for the first time will need to carefully follow the guidelines and the sample CV to format their vita.
Faculty already at U-M must use the M-CV application to input information and generate a formatted vita.
Getting Proxy Access in M-CV
Department contacts who need access to edit a faculty member's CV using the M-CV application (link is external) should follow these steps:
Request that the faculty member log on to M-CV. Then he or she should:
- Click Assign Proxy on the top menu.
- In the Add Proxy box, type in the name of the person who needs access.
- When the name appears, select it, select Write access and click Save.
The proxy will then be able to log into M-CV to edit that faculty member's CV.
Appointment Process - Getting Started
- Recruitment Guidelines by Rank (Matrix Chart — All Tracks)
- Appointment Packet Requirements by Rank (Matrix Chart — All Track)
- Appointment Processing Times
- Terms of Appointment Table
Offer Letter / Letter of Intent
Associate Professor & Professor
Appointment & Promotion Checklists