Social Media Ambassadors: How To Navigate Twitter & Maximize Your Presence on Social Media
Interested in social media for promoting your work at Michigan Medicine? Join Ed Bottomley, Social Media Strategist for Michigan Medicine Department of Communication for a session on how to navigate twitter and maximize your presence on social media.
This session will provide a broad explanation of Michigan Medicine's social media strategy, guidance on privacy, how to set up your Twitter bio, and best practices for Twitter. Information on how to set up a Twitter account will be sent in advance.
Here are just a few of the many positive reasons to start a personal professional account:
- It gives faculty a chance to grow their personal professional profile through extended reach, and share research and expertise with peers, policymakers and journalists.
- You can build relationships on Twitter with real-life consequences, such as research collaborations.
- You can stay up-to-date on your discipline.
- Your account will help to amplify exemplary work and accolades of trainees, colleagues and peers.
- It will expand the reach of your own research.
Additional resources for using a personal professional social media account:
- University of Michigan Social Integrity site - aims to educate social media users to create a more productive online space and empower them to use the tools for the betterment of society
- Michigan Medicine general social media policy for employees: Social Media Usage Procedure