Writing a Competitive Research Grant Proposal
This workshop covers writing grant proposals for all types of grants, including NIH, NSF, and foundations. It is co-sponsored by the Office of Research and is presented by Jill Jividen, PhD.
During the last 30 minutes of the presentation, a panel of successful researchers will discuss navigating the competitive grant landscape and the review process.
Following this workshop, you will be able to:
- Develop a persuasive grant proposal that is responsive to the sponsor’s priorities.
- Learn ways to prepare for a critical review.
- Examine elements of a focused research plan, including hypotheses or research questions, objectives and long-range research goals, and rationales and methods.
- Review existing resources at the University of Michigan for research proposal development.
- Review options for reusing a failed renewal or an unsuccessful new proposal.
Target Audience: Physicians and other faculty who develop grant proposals for research funding.