Our mission is to ensure every faculty and staff member has access to a community and the connections needed to succeed.
Micro-Mentoring at Michigan Medicine was created by a group of senior leaders dedicated to mentoring others who have a desire to learn and grow as a professional by creating supportive networks and opportunities to help build effectiveness, confidence, and self-worth.
The goal of the Micro-Mentoring program is to increase one's professional networks and provide a platform to foster the sharing of internal expertise and experiences.
- As a participant of this program, Mentees will be matched with 3 different Mentors based upon their submitted registration information.
- Participants will have only 30 days to connect with each other once a match has been assigned.
- Mentees are expected to meet with each Mentor for 1-hour. Meetings beyond the 1-hour meeting will be determined by the mentor and mentee.
- Mentees and Mentors will be asked to complete a series of surveys related to their experience with the program.
- Mentees will be paired with one Mentor every month. Mentees will be responsible for scheduling and connecting with their matched Mentor within 30 days of receiving the match.
- After 30 days, your previous match will be deleted and a new match will be created. At this point, Mentees will have 30 days to connect with their newly matched Mentor.
- Please note that all communications shared within the platform between Mentor and Mentees will be deleted 30-days after the connection has been made.
- Mentors are expected to meet with 3 different Mentees every quarter.
For More Information:
If you have any questions related to the micro-mentoring program, please reach out to us at MMmentoring@umich.edu