This session is for all new faculty. Orientation:
- Provides a basic overview of the University and the Health System.
- Introduces faculty to important policies.
- Outlines promotion expectations by track.
- Offers the opportunity for faculty to get their U-M ID badge and/or parking pass.
- Describes resources available to assist in the faculty member's new role.
- Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Monday, August 3, 2020
- Tuesday, September 1, 2020
- Thursday, October 1, 2020
- Monday, November 2, 2020
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Parking at New Faculty Orientation
The BSRB is located at 109 Zina Pitcher Place, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, and is #10 on this map. If you don’t currently have a parking pass, you may park in the Palmer Commons lot (map). Directions from the Palmer Commons lot to the BSRB is at the end of this email. If you need to purchase a parking pass and would like to consider your options in advance, feel free to check out the University of Michigan Parking website here. Someone from our office will be available to walk you to the Parking Office at the conclusion of orientation.
Directions from Palmer Commons to BSRB
When you park in Palmer Commons, enter into the second “visitor” entrance and take a ticket. You will receive a complimentary pass in orientation to give to the parking attendant when you exit the structure. To find BSRB, upon exiting your vehicle, look for large metal Maize and Blue signs that read "East Elevators." Proceed towards the East Elevators (there are 3 sets of elevators in the structure: East, North and South) and follow the signs to the pedestrian bridge/bridge to the Medical School. In the elevator, push the PL Level (Plaza Level) and exit onto the outdoor plaza. Turn to your right and continue across the outdoor plaza to the pedestrian bridge and cross the bridge (you will see the Café on your way). BSRB will be across the street on your left at the end of the bridge.