Think Like an Actor, Present Like a Pro
Presented by Eleni Kelakos, CTO (Chief Transformational Officer), The Eleni Group
It’s conference season, and you’ve once again been asked to share your expertise by giving a breakout session at a regional, national or international conference. The thought makes you both smile and shiver. The pressure to deliver a presentation to a group of your professional colleagues that is clear, confident and memorable is undeniable. As you prepare, you start to wonder:
“How do I make my presentation more interesting?"
“How do I convey numbers, facts and data in a way that everyone can understand?”
“How can I manage the fear and performance anxiety that can make me stumble?”
“What’s the best way to prepare and rehearse?”
“And what about my slides? How many are too many? How much detail should they include? And what’s the best way to use slides and stay engaged with my audience?”
This interactive, 2.5 hour seminar will answer those questions, giving you the tools you need to prepare and deliver an effective, impactful, persuasive presentation— a presentation that you will enjoy giving (and your audience will enjoy receiving). Eleni Kelakos will share theatre-based presentation techniques that will help ignite what she calls your Transformational Presence, so you can pitch or present fearlessly, authentically and persuasively, under pressure and under scrutiny.
- Describe the fundamentals of Transformational Presence (The 5 Commandments of Great Acting and Great Speaking)
- Explain how (and why) to structure an effective presentation
- Outline how to practice and preparation techniques to increase confidence and genuine connection.
- Tame the fear factor: How to minimize and manage performance anxiety (Breathing and Relaxation basics)
- Develop techniques to increase audience attention, engagement and buy-in
- Create proper PowerPoint slides including the best use/display of text, charts and numbers