Behavioral Interviewing: How to Reduce Bias in Interviewing through Consistent Hiring Processes
This workshop is open to faculty and staff.
Training your interviewers is an important and often overlooked piece of a fair and effective hiring process. Well-trained interviewers protect your department from unintentional discrimination and ensure a process that results in better hires for your team.
All are welcome, whether you are new to interviewing, want a refresher, or just want insight into the interviewing process.
This training will cover the following topics:
- Behavioral Based Interviewing vs Traditional Interviewing
- Evaluating/Assessing Candidate Answers
- Proper Interview Note Taking Techniques
- Utilizing Rubrics
- Unconscious Bias
- Legal & Illegal Interview Questions
This program is highly interactive.
After this workshop, attendees will be able to identify:
- The difference between Traditional vs Behavioral Based Interviews
- How to implement the STAR Model
- How to ask legal interview questions / avoid illegal inquiries
- How to control and manage the interview
Talent Management Specialist
Michigan Medicine Human Resources
If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to attend this workshop, or have questions about accessibility, please contact us at UMMS-Faculty-Development@med.umich.edu.