This course teaches a straightforward, step-by-step process for identifying and resolving performance gaps, strengthening accountability, eliminating inconsistency, and reducing resentment. It uses video, group discussions, skill practice, and real-life application to make the course both entertaining and engaging.
- Learn to focus on what you really want---rather than shifting to unhealthy emotional reactions such as trying to win others over to your view, discrediting others, or even causing them grief.
- Gain control over your emotions by cutting off disappointment, anger, and fear at the source.
- Spot when either you or others are slipping into either silence or violence and, as a result, putting safety at risk and starving the pool of shared meaning.
- Learn to dispel misunderstanding and distrust by clarifying misunderstood motives and establishing mutual purpose.
- Reduce defensiveness by starting with facts and only tentatively sharing conclusions.
- Turn attacking into dialogue by identifying and responding to others’ unhealthy conclusions.
Facilitated by Lori A. Aemisegger, VitalSmarts Master Trainer.
Accreditation and Credit Designation
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.