This is a two-part workshop. Participants must attend both sessions.
March 6, 2024 | 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
March 13, 2024 | 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
This workshop will help you learn how to deal with bad behavior, disruptive colleagues, and difficult bosses or employees. You will learn a straightforward, step-by-step process for identifying and resolving performance gaps, strengthening accountability, eliminating inconsistency, and reducing resentment. It uses video, group discussions, skill practice, and real-life application to make the course both entertaining and engaging.
- Learn to focus on what you really want---rather than shifting to unhealthy emotional reactions such as trying to win others over to your view, discrediting others, or even causing them grief.
- Gain control over your emotions by cutting off disappointment, anger, and fear at the source.
- Spot when either you or others are slipping into either silence or violence and, as a result, putting safety at risk and starving the pool of shared meaning.
- Learn to dispel misunderstanding and distrust by clarifying misunderstood motives and establishing mutual purpose.
- Reduce defensiveness by starting with facts and only tentatively sharing conclusions.
- Turn attacking into dialogue by identifying and responding to others’ unhealthy conclusions.
This program is highly interactive and includes small group breakout sessions.
Lori A. Aemisegger, VitalSmarts Master Trainer