This is a 1-day workshop, with a 90 minute follow-up session, on Crucial Accountability. This course teaches a straightforward, step-by-step process for identifying and resolving performance gaps, strengthening accountability, eliminating inconsistency, and reducing resentment. It uses video, group discussions, skill practice, and real-life application to make the course both entertaining and engaging.
- Learn to focus on what you really want---rather than shifting to unhealthy emotional reactions such as trying to win others over to your view, discrediting others, or even causing them grief.
- Gain control over your emotions by cutting off disappointment, anger, and fear at the source.
- Spot when either you or others are slipping into either silence or violence and, as a result, putting safety at risk and starving the pool of shared meaning.
- Learn to dispel misunderstanding and distrust by clarifying misunderstood motives and establishing mutual purpose.
- Reduce defensiveness by starting with facts and only tentatively sharing conclusions.
- Turn attacking into dialogue by identifying and responding to others’ unhealthy conclusions.
Click "Register Online" to enroll in the 1-day workshop on April 23rd as well as the 90 minute follow-up session that will take place on Monday, June 11th from 11:30AM - 1PM in 3C Med Sci I (3114 MSI).
Facilitated by Lori A. Aemisegger, VitalSmarts Master Trainer.