Facilitating Conversations for an Anti-Racist Workplace
This workshop is open to faculty and staff who are managers and supervisors.
In this session, managers and supervisors will learn and practice an approach to use a guiding template for facilitating 15-minute anti-racism discussions with their team. We will also share a plan on how to begin conversations on sensitive topics, and view a conversation in action.
You will learn to:
- Strengthen facilitation skills for short discussions on sensitive topics using a one-page meeting template with their team
- Advance their self-confidence as a facilitator for anti-racism discussions
You will benefit by:
- Improving facilitation skills that support brief discussions on sensitive topics
- Learning how to create an inclusive, safe environment for discussions
- Having a plan for what you’ll do if tensions arise
Senior Administrative Director, Executive Administration
LaTonya Berryhill, MBA, BBA
DEI Implementation Lead
Michigan Institute for Clinical & Health Research (MICHR)
Interim Director of Operations and Planning, Organizational Learning
Interim Director of Faculty Development
Co-Chair, Anti-Racism Oversight Committee (interim)
Financial/Business Analyst Senior, UMMG
UMMG DEI Committee Co-Chair
This workshop is facilitated by the Advocacy and Professional Development subcommittee of the Anti-Racism Oversight Committee (AROC).
Looking for more practice? Register for our Practice Sessions.