Facilitating Conversations for an Anti-Racist Workplace
This workshop is open to faculty and staff who are managers and supervisors.
This program is a "video-on," interactive session that will include small group breakout sessions.
In this session, managers and supervisors will learn and practice an approach to use a guiding template for facilitating 15-minute anti-racism discussions with their team. We will also share a plan on how to begin conversations on sensitive topics, and view a conversation in action.
You will learn to:
- Strengthen facilitation skills for short discussions on sensitive topics using a one-page meeting template with their team
- Advance their self-confidence as a facilitator for anti-racism discussions
You will benefit by:
- Improving facilitation skills that support brief discussions on sensitive topics
- Learning how to create an inclusive, safe environment for discussions
- Having a plan for what you’ll do if tensions arise
Looking for more practice? Register for our Practice Sessions.
Senior Administrative Director, Executive Administration
Interim Director of Operations and Planning, Organizational Learning
Senior QI Engagement Coordinator, Ob/Gyn
Interim Director of Faculty Development
Breeding Colony Supervisor, ULAM
Administrative Manager, Wellness Office
Pathways and Leaners Lead, OHEI
Project Intermediate Manager, Ob/Gyn
Co-Chair, Anti-Racism Oversight Committee (Interim)
UMMG Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program Manager
DEI Administrative Specialist, Anesthesiology
This workshop is facilitated by the Advocacy and Professional Development subcommittee of the Anti-Racism Oversight Committee (AROC).